Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Gackt - Jesus

24112008

Been doing a tad bit of YouTube-ing this morning and I came across Gackt’s new single that have been released about a weeks ago. So there I was thinking about doing a review on his latest single. So before I start, I’ll do a lil' bit of introduction.

About Gackt:
Gackt Camui is actually a well known Japanese songwriter, vocalist and also a multi-instrumentalist. His career in the entertainment industry started when he joined “ Malice Mizer ”, a very gothic kind of " Japanese Rock (JRock) " band. Very soon after that, they were signed by a major record label and ever since, they have been topping the JRock chart ( honestly, i've never heard any of their songs as i am not a very big fan of JRock ). Due to a god knows what incident, he has finally decided to leave Malice Mizer. Gackt started his solo career in 1999 which was pretty much heading into a different genre compared to what he's been doing during his glorious days in Malice Mizer and therefore, labeling him as “ Pop ” rather than “ Rock ”.

P.S. Google him if you wanna know more.

For almost a year since his last single “ Returner – Yami no Shuuen ” was being released, he is now back with a brand new single called “ Jesus ”. I think it is actually better then " Returner - Yami no Shuuen " but not as good compared the one he did in " No Ni Saku Hana no Youni ". Basically this video looks a lil gothic and demonic due to the make up and stuff cause he hasn’t been doing that for quite some time or maybe this time he wanna do rock rather than pop. Anyways, he looks quite cool in the video as usual except the part where he actually forces his eyes to open up. That part of the video kindda freaks me out. Lol…Nonetheless, the video looks darn good with plenty of darkness as though he is anti-christ. Song wise, not up to my expectation because I was hoping for something more since he hasn’t been making any new songs recently. I’ll probably say that I like the video more than the song.


New cover of Gackt's latest Single "Jesus":


Btw, I’ll be uploading the video and lyrics too and incase if you are streaming the video from this blog, please kindly put the embedded song which is on the top right of the browser to pause.


So here's the video, Enjoy:


And here's the lyrics:
Gackt - Jesus

kizutsuita nukegara wo tada dakishimeteita
furisosogu ame wa shizuka na kimi no namida
Wake me up
kono yume kara
Real or dream?
Oshietekure Maria!!!!

「koroshite…」 to hohoemi nagara hoho ni fureta
mienai me ni namida wo tamete kieteyuku
Take me Out
kono yume kara

Real or dream?
Kotaetekure JESUS!!!

God said when you die,
Your life will pass before your own eyes.
If you want to feel it right now,
Just do it, do it, do it!
Wake me up

kono yume kara
Real or dream?
Oshietekure

Take me Out
kono yume kara
Real or dream?
Kotaetekure JESUS!!!

Andy’s recommendation:

  • Gackt – No Ni Saku Hana no Youni
  • Gackt – Last Song
  • Gackt – Metamorphoze
  • Gackt – Redemption
  • Gackt – Kimi ga Matte Iru Kara

Alright!!! That’s all for today and I’ll try to update whenever I can!!! Ciao!!!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP