Thursday, November 27, 2008

Ayumi Hamasaki - Days/GREEN

27112008

This will be the second JPop review I’ve done so far and this time im gonna be doing a review on Ayumi Hamasaki’s new song. Did you guys know that she used to be an actress way back then?? I bet you didn’t know. Never mind that cause that doesn’t last long anyways. And did u guys know that she once modeled for a modeling agency and got cancelled off due to her height?? I bet you didn’t know that too. To top that up, she was once dropped by a record company due to her incapability to top the Oricon Chart. Despite all that, she is now one of the greatest Jpop artists Japan ever produced and her songs influenced many people around the globe. Her music consistently helps shaping the entire JPop culture. So please don’t tell me u don’t know Ayumi Hamasaki now cause I’ll knock the senses outta ya brain!!!


Ayumi Hamasaki

Now back with her 44th single named GREEN which has been announced to be released on the 17th of December, she is yet to hit the chart again. So while waiting, just take a look at the video:





So did you guys enjoy the video?? I sure did. The intro of the song sounded like a theme used in a Kung Fu show lor, very oriental. But there is one thing, the rhythm of her music is very repetitive. For example, the second verse of the song sounded exactly the same as the one in first verse and so does the bridge. Either way, the song sounded pretty darn good. Video wise, she looks gorgeous in it (OMG!!! she looks like a diva during the Cheong Sam scene). By the way, the intro part looks a tad bit like Madonna singing "You are my Argentina” in Evita lor but in an oriental kindda of way due to the settings ( like Broadway in China ) and dressing style ( don’t you guys agree with me???). I guess the producer is a huge fan of Madonna gua. Hahaha.. At the same time, this video reminds me of Sap Sam Yi from Wong Fei Hung movie ( I dunno why ) and her hair looks a lil' similar to Marlyn Monroe's. So basically it’s a combination of Madonna, Marlyn Monroe and also Sap Sam Yi. By the way, can anyone explain why those dickheads suddenly start dancing on the street??? So weird. I think nobody would wanna do that. There will be no lyrics because the video was just released, I’ll probably upload it later if I can remember.

P.S. The “lor”, “la”, and “gua” used are part of Malaysian’s English culture. Don’t like it?? Don’t read it!!

P.S.S. I think this time Ayumi is trying to promote homosexuality. :p



Andy's recommendation:

  • Ayumi Hamasaki - Dearest
  • Ayumi Hamasaki - Heaven
  • Ayumi Hamasaki - M
  • Ayumi Hamasaki - Part of Me
  • Ayumi Hamasaki - Moment
  • Ayumi Hamasaki - Jewel
  • Ayumi Hamasaki - Momentum
  • Ayumi Hamasaki - Secret

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP